I’m in Toronto for the Canadian Music Week conference.
This is super short notice, but I’m going to head to Rushton Restaurant Friday evening around 10:30pm for a get together with any interested folks. The Rushton coordinates:
740 St. Clair Ave. W.
Phone: (416) 658-7874
Ian Milne the DJ has recently setup of a Squeezebox and plans to spin the tunes.
Hope to see you there!! Tim

Comments

1. Mike
    March 02, 2006 at 10:52pm
    i want pandora in Poland;D
  2. Jono
    March 03, 2006 at 4:00am
    Not as much as I want it in the UK :)
  3. Jackie Parker
    March 03, 2006 at 8:14am
    I just wanted to extend a personal invitation for you and your friend to come to Memphis Tennessee! We have a plethura of artist (from garage grunge to Delta Blues!) here and I believe that you will find some great sounds here!!!
  4. Kody
    March 03, 2006 at 9:11am
    But... Pandora isn't allowed in Canada... You need a US Zip code!
  5. Chris
    March 04, 2006 at 2:32am
    Hi, I am from Germany and interning in Texas. Pandora is an amazing idea. People like me don't want to listen to the same artist over and over, they want to listen to a good mixture of music they like (and maybe don't know). And it is a great opportunity for small bands. 30$/year is a fair price. The time you are in Germany: Visit universities, small student (live music) clubs and local newcomer festivals. They are the germ cell of new music. Keep on rollin! - All over the world!
  6. Paul Bliss
    March 04, 2006 at 10:30am
    I think there should be a bar telling how much is left in the song.
  7. Abbie
    March 04, 2006 at 11:07pm
    It would be great to be able to exclude time frames of music. My (otherwise great) station keeps playing this cheesy synthesizer-heavy eighties/early nineties music. I can see that it's similar to the stuff that I like in some aspects, but I still wish I could get rid of it.
  8. Stavros
    March 05, 2006 at 10:12am
    I was wondering if you ever thought of adding Greek artists...
  9. timothy wood
    March 05, 2006 at 10:33am
    Pandora is a mixed up groupy thing i wanted to hear phish and i had to endure what you thought i wanted to hear it would have been nice to help people remember old bands or songs long since forgotten but instead you choose to force your new wave audible garbage on people i only wanted to hear an old phish album i lost and have not been able to replace called "lawn Boy".However if you think you have something here so be it goodbye Happy listening to forced Gender
  10. alexis olivia kier
    March 05, 2006 at 10:41am
    i'm blown away by how elegant yr coding is; great service, great idea. but...there should really be more options besides the LIKE/DISLIKE binary.
  11. Matt Carroll
    March 05, 2006 at 6:12pm
    Tim, You don't live in Spain, do you?
  12. rane
    March 05, 2006 at 7:41pm
    without offering songs you potentially might not like, pandora could never introduce listeners to new music. i like the thumbs up/down binary. if you can be bothered to point out the songs you like/dislike the stations become amazingly good. part of pandora's beauty is its apparent simplicity. and to the guy looking for the phish album, RTFM, this isnt itunes. pandora rules.
  13. m
    March 06, 2006 at 3:52am
    I'd like to be able to ban artists on Pandora without saying I dislike them. I'd like to be able to say 'more like this, but don't play this particular artist anymore since I already have all of her CDs'. Yes, I'm an ani difranco fan...
  14. Jason Konstas
    March 06, 2006 at 7:03am
    Does anyone respond to these comments or is this just a place for people to cheer/whine/ambivalently comment? I read lots of good inputs here from all over the world, but nothing about the future....
  15. Tom Conrad
    March 06, 2006 at 7:22am
    Hi Jason, We read absolutely everything that is posted here (and anywhere else in the blogosphere about Pandora). We also exchange hundreds of email everyday with folks that make suggestions. You're right though we've not been posting a lot of comments back to the blog. I should be better about that. Rest assured that none of this is falling on deaf ears. As you say there are logs ot amazing ideas here and we're hard at work following up on them. Tom CTO @ Pandora
  16. justin
    March 06, 2006 at 1:31pm
    I seem to be the lone Canadian responding to the TO post. Sorry I couldnt make it, just read the blog today... Hurray for pandora!
  17. Miles
    March 06, 2006 at 2:14pm
    Could we get an official word on when you expect to launch in the UK?
  18. Tom Conrad
    March 06, 2006 at 3:42pm
    Hi Miles, No update yet -- we're working on it, but getting the right licenses in place is a time consuming and consuming process. Still too early to predict a date. Tom CTO @ Pandora
  19. Dean Morrison
    March 06, 2006 at 9:04pm
    I've been dyin' to get this thing going again since I first checked it out, but of course due to the fact I'm living in Canada, I have to settle for liveplasma.com (which is kinda like the manual version of pandora). So, Canadians unable to listen to Pandora I think should check that out.
  20. Ricardo
    March 07, 2006 at 1:05am
    Hey, I just realized you had a blog. Pandora is great. And to whoever looks for something specific, Pandora is like a radio station. A good radio station plays music people like, but they introduce bands and songs instead of playing the same one over and over (which a lot of mindless stations do). I hope you do get a license into Canada for greater exposure - Vancouver and Montreal are two of the world's hotbeds for new music. Please make as many of any changes up for plenty of discussion and keep it true to the vision.
  21. Mikael
    March 07, 2006 at 11:09am
    HI! I too, like Ricardo here, (above) just realized i could post a comment to you. I`m a 17 year old boy from Norway, who loves good music. If there is anything i hate, it`s those "top 20 stations" on the radio, playing the same music over and over again. But with Pandora, thats no problem. I love the consept, and I am so happy i discovered it. It was a friend of mine who gave me the tip, and i`ve been listening ever since. Now, i tip all my friends of your website. But, all i really wanted to say was; Thanx Padora! (PS. Sorry if my English is not so good :p)
  22. frank izquierdo feble
    March 15, 2006 at 5:18am
    Hello,i like to say thank you for finally creating a web site call ''Pandora''i really like it and i am always here enjoing the music i like.
  23. frank izquierdo feble
    March 15, 2006 at 5:22am
    I tell everybody about this site it's absolutly a difference in the music bisness,any ?, u can call me at 786 247 5375.
  24. Sam
    March 18, 2006 at 2:34pm
    Great idea guys, you have probably heard this alot but when is Toronto and the rest of Canada going to be Pandora ready? keep up the great work cheers Sam

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )