Today we’re launching Pandora + Squeezebox.
Squeezebox, from Slim Devices, is simply the best way to deliver digital music to your home stereo. It’s a beautiful device, with an elegant user interface and exceptional audio quality. Plug it into your home network (wired or wireless) and enjoy Pandora from the comfort of your couch. You’ll be able to listen to all of the stations you’ve been creating at Pandora.com, rate songs, and bookmark favorites all with a simple remote control.
Pandora + Squeezebox is available to Pandora subscribers ($36 for a year or $12 for three months) and will work with any Squeezebox 2 as well as the new (and very beautiful) Squeezebox 3.
Pandora and Slim Devices are offering free 90 day Pandora subscriptions to new and current Squeezebox 2 and 3 owners. To get started you’ll need to signup for Squeezenetwork. When you connect your account with your ad-supported-free Pandora.com account (you’ll do this from your account page at the Squeezenetwork website) we’ll automatically upgrade you to a 90-day-free subscription on Pandora. No credit card required.
Click here to learn more about Pandora + Squeezebox.

Here’s what David Pogue at the New York Times had to say recently about Slim Devices and Pandora:

“the Squeezebox will do something no other hi-fi component can do: it will hook into Pandora… Slim Devices predicts that Pandora will become a wildly popular feature, and that’s probably true.” (read the entire story, see the video)

Comments

1. JJZ
    March 01, 2006 at 5:12pm
    I'm just waiting for Pandora + Xbox 360.
  2. David Sabens
    March 02, 2006 at 9:32am
    This looks like an amazing device. As a college student, I have appreciated the value of an mp3, however your program forces them into obsolecence. I know that once I graduate and have a meaningful income, I will jump in line for a squeezegbox. One thing is missing, perhaps select music based on album along with song title and artist name.
  3. colin
    March 02, 2006 at 11:12am
    Two things, that's great but... 1. Any plans to integrate yourself into Windows Media Center? That would be very sweet, in a rare turn, I may actually pay for that! 2. Two bands, Matt Mays and El Torpedo (can you say cocaine cowgirl? and Wintersleep, fine Canadian acts. Tour the world, not just the southern US! Great work and Thank-you!
  4. thomas
    March 03, 2006 at 12:42am
    Very good idea for bringing a good service to an excellent product. I am using it right now :-)
  5. Jackie Parker
    March 03, 2006 at 8:16am
    Squeezebox sounds like something that I will get into! I stumbled upon this site by accident and I'm hooked!!!
  6. Ed
    March 03, 2006 at 9:43am
    Looks like a nice deal, but I'm doing nearly the same thing for < half the cost. I have an Apple Airport Express connected to my stereo. Using ain and justeport, I can stream anything out of my sound card's stereo mix, including Pandora, to my stereo over my wireless network. (you can learn more here http://www.nanocrew.net/2005/07/23/justeport-02/). Don't mean to rain on your parade, it's just that there's more than one way of skinning a cat.
  7. Andy
    March 03, 2006 at 2:09pm
    Sure, but can you view the currently playing song and rate tracks from a remote while sitting on your couch? :)
  8. Juan
    March 03, 2006 at 5:26pm
    i have a squeeze V3 and i just find pandora on my menu the best combination
  9. Gukman
    March 05, 2006 at 10:38am
    I ordered the squeeze V3. Hope it gets delivered soon.
  10. roger
    March 07, 2006 at 7:30am
    i also have a squeeze v3 and i love it
  11. Caelan
    March 07, 2006 at 5:26pm
    This is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. wil
    September 06, 2006 at 11:51pm
    Any chance of doing this with an Audiotron? Squeezebox is cool, but the Audiotron has a much better interface (aka, it actually has an interface).
  13. James Taylor
    October 01, 2006 at 9:10pm
    Already committed to Roku for transmitting music around the house. When is Pandora going to support Roku? I'm not going to buy more hardware just to get Pandora out of my office....
  14. Nick
    March 14, 2007 at 8:28am
    Another shout for Roku support here. I'd make so much more use of Pandora if it was able to be played easily without mucking about with Oddcast etc ... It's probably the biggest hole in my entertainment system. :(
  15. thebigolpimp
    August 31, 2007 at 9:22pm
    Why isn't more internation music on this channel. I love this band, called Dragon Ash, earlier material. They are from Japan.
  16. Steve
    April 27, 2010 at 4:22pm
    I paid for Pandora One but only get 128KB with my squeezebox. When is this going to be fixed?
  17. Cliff
    August 06, 2011 at 6:15pm
    Same problem as Steve. Bought Pandora One and still get 128kb streams on squeezebox. Is there a setting that I need to fix, or is this an unfixed problem with the plugin?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )