We’ve just launched the latest update to Pandora. While we’re constantly making little tweaks and improvements here and there, tonight’s update was a big one and I’m devoting five posts to covering the details. Click through to read all the details on what we’re launching today:
New Favorites and Sharing Features
Pandora RSS Feeds (Beta)
Fit, Finish and Polish
Keyboard Control
Pandora for Your Site
We’re very excited to have released the latest version of Pandora for all of you to play with. We’d love to know what you think — leave a comment here or drop us an email at pandora-support@pandora.com. We read everything.
As always, enjoy the music!

Comments

1. Mauro
    February 15, 2006 at 2:20am
    I suggest two feature I'd like: random play for all radio I have, and add in the text on the album cover also the album name!
  2. Chris
    February 16, 2006 at 2:09am
    Yeah, the widget for MacOS would be the most amazing idea ever.
  3. Rik Hemsley
    February 16, 2006 at 11:21am
    I'd just like to know if you are considering providing higher quality streaming for paying customers? I quite like the concept of this 'station', but I quickly find the distortions/artefacts introduced by the compression irritate me and I have to switch off.
  4. Florian
    February 16, 2006 at 11:34am
    This is friggin AWSOME! I just decovered pandora a few days ago and already listen to it all day while working and I tell all the people I meet just how great it is. Wonderful! Terrific! Lovely! Of course I too would like the music base to broader, but hey, you're still working on it, right? So keep it up! This is just so much better than common radio. Thanks for all the fun so far.
  5. Mike J
    February 17, 2006 at 6:37am
    Are you going to provide an API? If so, will it be soon? I like, nay LOVE Pandora, and I like the interface, but would like to put together my own. Maybe even have a community where people could upload their own "skins" so people could have a choice? ;)
  6. Matt C
    March 05, 2006 at 6:32pm
    So I totally dig this site, totally amazing if you ask me, but sometimes when I just wanna chill and listen to music I like the room to be dark, and a monitor glowing brightens any room, and I like saying if I like the music or not so I need my monitor on. I know that there are ways to play the stuff on this site through a media player and things like that, but I think allowing customizable skins, or even just some different preset colors for the site would be awesome.
  7. Phil
    March 10, 2006 at 6:17am
    (quick note - I am NOT the classical jerk from earlier! He shames all Phils everywhere. :P ) Pandora is a totally amazing resource, and I can't give enough praise to those who are responsible for it. The whole idea is revolutionary genius, the delivery and sound quality is superb, and within minutes I had found a couple of great new artists I'd never heard of! Brilliant! Fantastic site, recommended it to all my friends. So imagine how we all felt when we found out that we make accounts because we don't live in the US? Now I won't pretend to understand all the legal reasons behind this but given that I subscribe to three net radio stations in the US without any problem, I'm not only disappointed but very surprised. You must get sick of answering this, but when us UK music-lovers going to be able to sign up?
  8. originalsnuffy
    March 24, 2006 at 12:21pm
    I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful service. It amazes me how music that I thought was unrelated actually is more similar than I thought. There is much more commonality to my musical tastes than I thought. And I thought I had eclectic tastes, until I found things I like showing up where I wasn't especting to find them!
  9. Peter
    March 25, 2006 at 3:27am
    Pandora is great, but please - think about stand alone widget for poor WinXP users.
  10. Kerri F
    May 15, 2006 at 10:24pm
    Whilst playing, the music stops and starts during the song. I have a new laptop, could there be a problem with the software ?. Running on Windows XP with dial up internet. Thanks
  11. Phil Boardman
    May 20, 2006 at 7:27pm
    Dialup would be your problem. You don't have enough bandwidth to stream the music fast enough to play.
  12. Orville Richardson
    May 26, 2006 at 11:54am
    LOVE this station!! In fact, I like it so much, I was wondering if I could record it to CD so I could listen to Pandora on the long trips I make to West Virginia and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Please say there's a way I can do this. Thanks, Orville
  13. Richard
    June 11, 2006 at 3:09am
    Pandora is really amazing.Just wondering if there is a way to display songs plaing in an instant messenger (Eg like the windows live messenger plugin). Or maybe a way to play pandora outside a browser, perhaps a standalone player or sumthing like that?
  14. michael
    November 04, 2006 at 10:11am
    pandora doesn't open completely and will not allow a change in my current email address (old email address can't be changed)to reach the help page. HOW CAN I REACH HELP?
  15. seana
    November 05, 2006 at 10:36am
    Hi Amarildo, You can reach help at pandora-support(at)pandora.com. I have forwarded your blog post to the support team; if you've provided the correct email address with your post, I'm sure they'll respond to you. Thanks, Seana Dir. of Product Management, Pandora
  16. Jenny
    November 11, 2006 at 4:19pm
    Pandora is really great! Only problem I have encountered is that is sometimes causes firefox to crash. But what a innovative service, thanks!
  17. Rodrigo
    January 18, 2007 at 6:57am
    I love Pandora! But I want a MSN Messenger plugin to display played songs!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  18. waffle247
    January 23, 2007 at 6:27am
    Why no instant messenger now playing option? I just spent ages looking for one but I can't find one. It's so annoying, even if I hack winamp to get pandora in it as a web radio it still doesn't show in I.M. Come on guys - get with the program! Also I'm keep getting awfull pop-metal tunes on radio stations that normally play much better bands - there should be a "no pop-crap" button. :P
  19. Steven
    March 09, 2007 at 10:19am
    I want the msn now playing option as well :-)
  20. Rechtsanwalt Strafrecht
    April 19, 2007 at 11:36am
    LOVE this station!! Great! Thanks!
  21. chris
    July 12, 2007 at 4:42am
    jeez people, don't be so demanding...I want MSN plug ins, blah blah blah.....this is such a wonderful program that is free, ease up a little!
  22. Martin
    July 31, 2007 at 3:44am
    The MSN plugin thingy is available through Pandora's Box see here: http://www.cfdan.com/posts/Pandoras_Box_-_Updates.cfm I also have fallen totally head over heels for Pandora its ******* A!!
  23. jason
    November 21, 2007 at 10:10am
    PANDORAS IS THE BEST :) A****
  24. Steven
    August 22, 2008 at 11:37am
    This is the best music site i've ever used.All I ever talk about is wanting newer music i have not heard.And you deliver.Thanx!!!
  25. Mandi
    February 01, 2009 at 4:00pm
    Martin, thanks for posting the link to Pandora's Box: http://www.cfdan.com/posts/Pandoras_Box_-_Updates.cfm Now I can have my music in msn's now playing field. That was my only complaint with pandora, so this is great! :)
  26. TommyKay
    March 15, 2009 at 8:12am
    Apparently the genome thing only applies to some kinds of popular music. Type in "50s" and you get nothing but modern artists. Nobody that was alive in the fifties. In a few songs you are listening to 80s music. Since when is Alanis Morrisset a "soul" artist? I got to her in four songs from "Aretha Franklin" !! Try "swing" music" and you get the same wrong songs and artists over and over. Way off-topic music, decades wrong. Try "soul" music. Same thing. Try "boogie woogie". Same thing. If XM can manage all these music styles, there must be an audience. Please add some range to your musical selections.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )