Update: I’ll be in Providence on October 4th, 2006 for a meetup at 7pm. The event will be at the Columbus Theatre (270 Broadway) and we’d love to see you there. Please RSVP by emailing tour@pandora.com with ‘Providence’ in the subject line!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my tour stop in Rhode Island. Come early-October, I’ll be stopping in Providence for a town hall meeting after attending the Business Innovation Factory summit in town. I would also love the opportunity to meet Pandora listeners at nearby schools – students always have so many great things to contribute! If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues in the area or on college campuses, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Melissa Hallock
    August 15, 2006 at 1:53pm
    You should totally stop at the Hot Club for a drink on the water. It is where a scene from "Something About Mary" was filmed. The people are great and the drinks are better! See you there.
  2. kelly
    August 21, 2006 at 10:16pm
    im from RI but now live in Albuq.NM nice hearing theres real people still out there
  3. Ronnie
    August 22, 2006 at 11:49am
    One state over, Connecticut, you could see Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun, the two biggest grossing casinos in the world (who'da thunk?), and in New Haven there is the best pizza in the world.
  4. mason
    August 23, 2006 at 8:19am
    Hey, you may want to contact the Arts & Business Council of Rhode Island. Peter Bramante there may be able to point you into some interesting directions. Check out AS220.org There's a great music scene but you need to talk to people b4 you get there. It'll be hard to find on your own just arriving in town. It's an insular community but a really great one if you make the correct connections. You ay want to contact Cliff Woods, Dir of Arts Culture and Tourism for the city. Ask them to meet you for a drink and then point you in the right direction. It'll make a big difference in the quality of your visit.
  5. Michael Garvey
    August 28, 2006 at 3:14pm
    I go to school at Providence College in Rhode Island and some good venues you to go to are right on our campus. I would suggest contacting the school for further information.
  6. mspeight
    August 28, 2006 at 5:46pm
    A local RI performer not to be missed is Jeri Verdi. If you're lucky she'll be playing when you're in town. Check out her schedule online, (http://dauntless9.tripod.com/). A sound like Janis Joplin but the talent and style are her own. A great venue for live folk/acoustic music, local and otherwise, is Stone Soup Coffeehouse in Pawtucket, RI (soup.org). They're just starting up their Fall schedule with Friday night performances. And two of my favorite venues for food and live music are: The Cav (cavrestaurant.com), eclectic decor, amazing food, and great music. Never disappointing and located in Providence's historic jewelry district. and Chan's in Woonsocket, RI (http://www.chanseggrollsandjazz.com/) Egg rolls and jazz says it all. There's a real range of "jazz" styles but the quality has always been great.
  7. Sully
    August 31, 2006 at 3:11pm
    A stop at Providence College would def be worth your time.
  8. jeff
    September 08, 2006 at 6:58pm
    Try to see waterfire, AS220, Bob and Timmy's, and try to make it to Block Island for a day or two.
  9. mel
    September 14, 2006 at 4:05pm
    I second the WaterFire idea. (as a Brown U. student)
  10. Paul
    September 14, 2006 at 6:55pm
    Pandora is a application programmer's best friend. Throw on the headphones, and bust out some code :) I'd like to check out the meeting. I work in Providence, I'll see you there.
  11. Nicole
    September 17, 2006 at 9:22am
    the providfence meeting would be great. i live right off broadway. i just started listening to pandora. it is great. its the best internet i cam across so far. it doesnt really skip or anyhting like other raido stations. but i love tis site keep up the good work....i think it will be bigger or as big as my space one day. _Nicole luvs u
  12. kelsey
    September 18, 2006 at 1:24pm
    you should check out Mike Celleme he's an awesome local musician
  13. Todd Page
    September 22, 2006 at 9:03am
  14. Justin
    September 26, 2006 at 12:17am
    There are a couple local bands that are worth checking out- Gruvis Malt, Monty and Zox.
  15. Justin
    September 26, 2006 at 12:17am
  16. Brian
    October 25, 2006 at 1:38pm
    There's an incredible band out here called Mars Hill (alternative) www.marshiltheband.com insane sound
  17. Vern Graham
    November 01, 2006 at 1:06pm
    row dyelan? Can't believe I missed it. Just visited the blog for the first time, even tho have been listening to Pandora for months and months. Keeping me sane at my "day gig" (yes, I am an under-employed musician for 30 years and native RI born) Still here in Providence, and the next time you head this way, give me an email warning in advance, and I'll give you a list of venues, local musician links, etc. We should rent a hall! I have telling anyone and everyone I know to check out Pandora. It is a HUGE musical resource for both the casual listener and the educated ear. Also, when you get a minute go to www.VernGraham.com to find out what I'm up to.
  18. Kelly
    February 22, 2007 at 6:35am
    You may want to check out the Providence Black Repertory Company for music and entertainment.
  19. jason
    March 23, 2007 at 7:46pm
    I agree with Mason that the Providence music scene is "insular." Lots of shows in secret locations and bands that rarely play in official venues (other than AS220 which is amazing - http://as220.org). What started as a fear of these secret spaces and shows getting shut down/evicted by "the man" sometimes comes across as elitism, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Providence is home to many excellent record labels including Load (loadrecords.com), Corleone (http://www.corleonerecords.com/), Las Visible Dog (lastvisibledog.com) and Secret Eye (http://secreteye.org/). Tons and tons of local bands...check out http://lotsofnoise.com and Providence student and community radio station BSR http://bsrlive.com, serving the curious listeners of Providence and beyond. I am assuming you came to Providence in search of this stuff...let me know if you want some help and keep up the good work!
  20. George Sorof
    April 19, 2007 at 9:00am
    I third the come to Providence College statement. Theres tons of places you could go, and if nothing else we could snag a classroom or go to the dining hall. Please ... come visit us. We love your program. good!
  21. Dennis
    May 10, 2007 at 7:56am
    How was the Oct visit? What did you get to see? (I listen to Pandora every time I sit at my desk)
  22. Tim McCarthy
    September 14, 2007 at 10:20am
    Hi, I joined your great service a few moths ago: my profile combines Zappa, Coltrane, Moondog, Dylan. Amazing songs have evolved from this . I'm wonderin how I could get my original compositions in your system? Check me out at "showcaseyourmusic.com/tunesmith". Keep up the great work! Tim
  23. Bob Tess
    October 06, 2007 at 11:41pm
    RIZZ. Best bar band. Ever.
  24. curt
    October 14, 2007 at 5:31pm
    I love it.Pandora is my music guru.
  25. Ryan R.C
    October 15, 2007 at 2:56am
    There are alot of things in Rhode Island, but while you are here you should check out Salve Regina University. Its a college here in Newport right on the water. Most every class has a ocean view and My dorm is right next door to the breakers. It is a very beautiful campus filled with beautiful people http://collegeprofiles.com/images/slave.jpg Just an idea of how we study. hey thanks for your time and good luck your advisor for salve Ryan R.C
  26. patty
    May 30, 2008 at 6:35pm
    OMG! I just found Pandora accidently about 3 months ago, and I am blown away! I want a pandy T-shirt...I want the world to know about my Pandora..I want Pandora and the whole music genome project to know i am in love.....with Pandora and everything "it" represents. I am a musician, advocate and insanely musical woman with diversified tastes in music...Pandora fullfills them all....I only wish i had been in Providence in 2006....I'm waiting for the next gathering close enough to get there! LOVE Pandora!!! xx
  27. Lori
    January 29, 2011 at 9:04am
    Hey Tim, I just downloaded Pandora last night after hearing nothing but wonderful praise about it. I requested music like Enigma and I was blown away at how great the mix was. Every song was fabulous! Now I am seriously motivated to get my new blu ray DVD player wirelessly linked to my router (so far it's not going well). I want to be able to listen to Pandora all through my home. I may never bother with CDs again! Thank you! Your new Fan! Lori

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )